One thing I’ve struggled with for as long as I can remember, is remembering to pack a lunch for work!
I make sure my kids have their lunches packed, my husband has the basics to make a sandwich, and then lunchtime comes while I’m at work and guess who doesn’t have anything to eat? Me.
I know if I wait until the morning, or even the night before to pack my lunch, it just isn’t going to happen. I get busy! And I get lazy! I’m definitely not ashamed to admit that!
However, I’ve found if I prep lunches for the whole week in advance, it really gets me on track.
These Harvest Apple Salad Jars are one of my favorite go-to recipes! I make them on Sunday evening, and every morning I have a fresh salad waiting for me in the refrigerator. I throw the jar in my bag, stash it in the refrigerator at work, and come lunch time I have a healthy and easy meal ready to be eaten. I just dump the jar into a bowl or onto a plate, give the salad a stir, and enjoy!
Watch the video to see how easy these are to make!
- Chopped Lettuce (I use about 4 cups of romaine)
- Cooked Chicken (About 6-8 ounces of whatever you have on hand)
- 2 Apples, diced
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- Crumbles Feta Cheese
- 1 Cup chopped walnuts
Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon onion powder
- 4 Teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 Teaspoons Honey
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk together.
- Place 3-4 tablespoons of dressing in the bottom of each mason jar.
- Layer in the rest of the salad ingredients in the following order:
- Chicken, apples, cranberries, feta, walnuts, lettuce.
- Make sure lettuce is packed in tightly, completely filling the jar.
- Screw on the top and jar lid to seal your salads.
- Refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- When ready to eat, dump into a bowl or plate – stir, and enjoy!